This is open to Travel Agents licensed by the relevant Kenyan Government body to provide comprehensive Travel services but are not accredited by IATA.
The Travel Agent must have been in operation for at least one year to qualify for membership.
- Valid Travel Agency License from Tourism Regulatory Authority (TRA)
- Valid Single Business permit.
- KRA Pin Certificate and or Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Company Registration Certificate
- Full set of Audited Accounts for past one year.
- Copy of ID / Passport of the Directors. Work permits should also be included for foreign nationals.
- Recommendation by one IATA Accredited KATA member.
The following fees shall be payable to the Association prior to the full admission to membership.
- A non-refundable application fee of Kes.5,000
- One time joining fee of Kes.35,000
- Annual membership subscription fee of Kes. 33,825
- Promotion and protection of the interests of KATA and its members.
- Communicating the concerns of members and to lobby government, public and private sector for actions.
- Acting on behalf of members in discussions and negotiations on industry specific issues.
- Continuously review and appraise the needs of Members so as to provide them with meaningful services and benefits.
- Promotion of the highest code of ethical and professional Standards of members in their dealings with consumers and each other.
- Facilitation of access to innovative and Industry driven financial and risk management services.
- Facilitation of access to training, information and promotional materials for members in a way that promotes their effective participation in the Industry.
- Networking with other bodies or organizations with similar business at both national and international level, and to leverage the relationships arising out of these alignments for the benefit of its members.
- Continuously creating awareness of the KATA brand and value.
- Providing a platform to discuss individual challenges related to the industry.
- Providing information of new products, services and technology in the Industry.
- Providing exposure to the members through the Travel Guide and Website.
- Providing an amicable dispute resolution platform for all.
- Providing guidance and assistance when dealing with IATA related issues.
- Free listing in the travel guide and website.
- Members are subjected to a weekly newsletter with industry news.
- Members receive regular circulars with industry updates and information.
- Members are eligible to access tenders which require KATA membership.
- Right to serve and vote for Executive Committee, and service on sub- Committee (IATA agents only).